- Excessive Itching and Scratching: Food allergies cause the body to react causing irritation.
- Rubbing around the Face: Cats especially will react by rubbing the face.
- Sudden Onset Skin Irritation: The allergy may develop from long exposure, but the reaction can begin suddenly.
- Reoccurring Ear Infections: Chronic, reoccurring inflammation in the ears encourage infection.
- “Hot Spots”: Localized irritation that becomes infected can cause significant damage to the skin and hair.
Read more on food allergies.